Join a small and highly committed team who believe that the work we do makes a difference. We are all about issues, ideas and communication. We need someone to keep us organized and doing the best work we can. This vital supporting role will provide opportunity for the right candidate to work both independently and as a valuable team member.
The Canada West Foundation is a fast-paced, professional and lively environment. We work on interesting problems with interesting people. We are an independent, non-partisan public policy think tank. Our original research is free of ideology and helps lay the foundation for public policy that improves the lives for western, and all Canadians.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy providing support to the staff by taking responsibility for:
- Correspondence: Receive, sort, type, follow-up
- Mailings: Mail merge experience necessary
- Filing: Hard copy and electronic, copy/scanning
- Calendars: Arrange meetings, calls
- Project management support: Track and follow up on deadlines, contracts, and invoices
- Assist other staff with events
- Maintain up to date board records (board and committee minutes, directors list)
- Record staff holidays and sick-time, keep staff vacation schedule updated
- Onboard new employee (information, keys, computer and IT set up)
- Contribute to team effort as needed.
And, an excellent office administrator who loves to:
- Prioritize important office tasks, and make sure they get done.
- Organize electronic files (Sharepoint – Office 365) and hard copy files
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, courier services and route telephone calls
- Co-ordinate relationships with vendors, service providers including managing relationship with building staff and landlord for office maintenance
- Maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- Order food and make coffee when meetings require
- Maintain kitchen supplies
- Meet and greet visitors to office—provide coffee etc.
- Keep work environment neat (boardroom, kitchen area, shared workspace)
- Recommend changes in office practices and procedures to improve processes
- Ensure the office work environment complies with all legal requirements. (e.g., fire marshal)
- Perform tasks that you can see need doing, but which we have not thought of.
Our new Office Assistant will have these attitudes, skills and competencies
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Professionalism and comportment to interact with senior levels in government and private sector
- Initiative and willingness to help
- Work well under deadlines
- Task ownership – punctual and diligent with attention to detail – thorough
- Organized – you love to colour code files, you take pride in a place for everything and everything has a place
- Open to change and new ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competence with: Microsoft Office; Sharepoint; Outlook; Adobe Pro; Mail merge experience required.
This is a continuing full-time position, “parenting hours” considered for the right candidate.
Salary: $40,000 per year (full-time)
If this sounds like the job you have been looking for, apply to ac.fw1495790205c@ae1495790205