The Canada West Foundation is seeking a full-time communications specialist to support its fundraising and stewardship activities and amplify reach across all CWF social channels. The successful candidate will help to plan and execute CWF’s fundraising strategy. This position will also assist CWF’s communications team on social media content creation across CWF’s digital media channels, and with general communications duties. Familiarity with policy and current affairs, exceptional writing skills and the ability to convey big ideas in a simple way are considered an asset.
• Work with the CEO and VP to plan and implement CWF’s fundraising and stewardship strategy including efforts to plan, prepare and follow up on appeals to individual, corporate, foundation and government donors.
• Write proposals for funding to government, foundations and industry.
• Co-ordinate efforts to engage and involve supporters in CWF activities.
• Track donor relationships and trigger action.
• Prepare customized reports to donors on the Foundation’s activities and impact.
• Assist communications team to share CWF’s work with supporters, partners and other interested groups using CWF’s digital platforms (video, blogs, podcasts, social media) to amplify reach.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase visibility and traffic to CWF pages and research.
• Work with the communications team to create, execute and measure social media content; coach and assist CWF experts on best social media practices.
• General communications duties as required.
The successful candidate should:
• Have proven experience in managing donor relations and success submitting proposals that have been funded.
• Have a self-directed ability to plan, support and follow-up on donor asks and stewardship (donor relationship management) and understand the needs and perspectives of different donors.
• Be both innovative and analytical. Write with style and clarity – and approach tasks with critical thinking and superior organization skills.
• Spreadsheets are your friends – track past, present and future donor relationships and revenue.
• Be comfortable with deadlines and fast-paced workflow – there is no “typical” day in the office.
Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience.
Please note CWF has a dog-friendly office environment.
Closing date: November 1, 2019.
For instructions on how to apply, select the pdf below.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canada West Foundation is an evidence-based public policy research think tank focused on issues facing the West, and Canada as a whole, at home and on the global stage. Our three research centres – Natural Resources, Trade & Investment and Human Capital – focus on some of the biggest issues affecting Canada today. For additional information about CWF, please visit cwf.ca